NATIONAL CERTIFICATION BOARD OF MASSAGE THERAPISTS
NATIONAL BOARD CERTIFICATION
VALUE OF BOARD CERTIFICATION
Board Certification Requirements:
· Pass the BCETMB exam
· Minimum 750 hours of education
· Minimum 250 hours of professional, hands-on experience
· Pass a criminal background check
· Agree to uphold NCBTMB’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
· Agree to oppose Human Trafficking
· Demonstrate mastery of core skills and knowledge
· Take part in continuing education
Massage therapy is not regulated in Minnesota, so it is important that you look for the profession’s official seal of certification. It is your assurance of a competent and qualified practitioner.
Certification is a voluntary, higher credential than simple licensure. Certification guarantees a higher level of standards, a code of Ethics, and commitment to continuing education.
For practitioners of massage and bodywork, there are many benefits of Board Certification and NCBTMB represents the highest credential in the massage profession and communicates your commitment to safe, ethical practice and excellence. As the field becomes increasingly popular, Board Certification also provides practitioners with a competitive edge that helps them stand out from the crowd.