The nature of Coaching and Massage Therapy lends itself to vulnerabilities on the part of the client and the therapist. It is therefore imperative that the boundaries are clearly defined and understood so that we can have a healthy professional relationship. Thank you for reading and honoring these policies.
~Mckenzie Merges, LMT, NCTMB
1. My practice is professional and NON-SEXUAL. If any client demonstrates any kind of inappropriate behavior, or initiates any inappropriate conversation or gestures toward me, I will consider this sexual harassment and the massage will end immediately, full payment will be due, and further action may be taken at my discretion.
2. Clients are expected to arrive relatively clean.
3. Any advice I give you is only advice and not a medical diagnoses.
4. I follow all statements in the NCBTMB Code of Ethics.
5. If during our work together, a symptom is discovered that massage is not suited to help with, I will do my best to refer you to a specialist who can help you.
6. Please communicate with me whatever needs to be modified to improve your massage; be it temperature of the room, music selection or volume, area being addressed, depth or pace of massage, or if you would like to talk or be silent. My goal is for you to be happy with your experience so feel free to communicate openly with me.
7. If you are sick with an infection of any kind, you may not receive massage, please re-schedule.
8. No discrimination of any sort (race, gender, body type, religion, economic status, health, etc.).
9. I reserve the right to refuse service to or terminate client/therapist relations if the client and I have conflicting personalities.
10. Children are not allowed in the massage room during a treatment session. Please arrange childcare so you are able to fully relax for your session.
11. Children under the age of 18 must have a signed consent form from parent or legal guardian.
12. All conversations and personal information will be held by me in the strictest of confidence.
13. I will honor your privacy at all times. You will have the room to yourself while disrobing and getting dressed. During your massage, you will always be covered with a drape. Only the area being addressed will be temporarily uncovered. Clothing under the drape is optional and your decision to make. We will discuss your preferences at your initial consultation. Even if you are not bashful, please remain under the drape at all times during your massage.
14. If you are late, your massage will be cut short so that I may remain on schedule. You will be responsible for the full payment of your session. If I am late, I will make up the time lost, when it is convenient for you.
15. Full payment is due on the day of service unless another arrangement has been made.
16. Any voicemail messages will be returned within 24 hours unless I am out of town.
17. Health intake forms need to be filled out at least 48 hours in advance of the first scheduled service. Failure to comply with this will result in cancelation of appointment.
18. You or I may cancel and/or reschedule the treatment at least 24 hours in advance or appointment without consequence through verbal phone communication, email, text, or a voicemail message left including the date and time of call. If you miss your appointment and do not cancel at least 24 hours in advance, you are responsible for the full payment and will be billed for your treatment. If either of us has a reasonable emergency this policy will not be enforced.